There’s one thing that a lot of people I know have a hard time deciding. In fact, I’m sure you’ve encountered this problem before as well.
What color of dress shoe should you buy? Black or Brown?
Even though the question itself is simple, the answer can be very complicated. There are a lot of factors you should be considering before you buy a pair of dress shoes.
For example, when you wear them how formal are the occasions you will be attending? If you go to a lot of black tie events, then there’s only one option for you: black.
Brown shoes will never be as formal, and the lighter they are they less formal they will be.
On the other hand, you will never be able to buy a pair of black dress shoes that look casual. Their strength can also be their weakness.
There’s also so much more to consider, such as your existing wardrobe, how much the shoes will take to maintain, and even what style of shoe you prefer.
Download this episode today to learn about everything you need to consider before choosing between brown or black dress shoes.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #108: Brown or Black Shoes?
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #108: Brown or Black Shoes?
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #108: Brown or Black Shoes?
5 Things to Consider Before Buying:
- How formal are the events you attend
- Your existing wardrobe
- If you are going to a black tie event, you have to wear black shoes.
- Brown will never be as formal as black.
- For formal events, get black Balmoral Oxfords.
- The lighter the shoe color, the less formal it is.
- If you have cool tones, and accessories in black – stick with that.
- If you are into warmer tones, go with browns.
- It’s hard to dress down black shoes.
- Jeans go better with brown dress shoes.
- Many styles of shoes are casual in nature.
- Brown shoe polish is harder to find, and you need to know that it matches before applying.
- You can get a neutral polish, but they aren’t as good at covering scuffs.
- Black is easier to maintain.
There’s a lot of factors to consider when decided on what color of dress shoes you should buy.
Catch up with the latest videos, or browse by category. Save a custom playlist you can access anytime– never miss an episode. Click to download