Dating today is very complicated. It can be tough just to find a woman. Once you finally get a girl to say yes then you’re put into a whole new awkward situation: who should pay for the date? Some women get upset if you don’t pay, others get insulted if you do pay. So what’s the right answer?
Unfortunately, it’s not as clear cut as it was for my father’s generation. It used to be that if you were a man, you paid. End of story. We are seeing a shift in our society’s mindset on the issue. More and more women are feeling that a man shouldn’t pay, or at least shouldn’t feel obligated to. In fact a study showed that 3 out of 10 women think a man shouldn’t pay.
On this episode of Real Men Real Style we discuss the response to this question from 10 women at the top of their field. From journalists, to comedians, to academic scholars you’ll hear the wide range of answers. You’ll be surprised at how similar, yet different, all of their answers were.
Listen to this episode today to hear how you can avoid the awkward and frustrating moment of what to do when the check comes.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #66: Should You Pay for the Date?
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #66: Should You Pay for the Date?
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast ##66: Should You Pay for the Date?
10 Opinions About Who Should Pay:
- A dating coach said a man should take the old school approach and pay.
- A journalist feels the person who asks for the date should pay.
- A sex blogger felt each date should be paid 50/50.
- A comedienne thinks you should consider who makes an average of 19.7% more money.
- A model/actress thinks a man has to spend money to impress a girl.
- An academic feminist feels a man shouldn’t try to buy a woman.
- A weightlifter feels that it’s up to the guy to make the gesture.
- A reporter feels you should pay for the right reasons.
- A feminist writer feels that it shouldn’t matter who pays.
- A porn star insists a man should be willing to go all the way.
- Figure out pretty quick how a woman you are dating feels about who pays.
- Think about who invited who.
- Is it personal or is it business?
- Paying can also be a way to thank someone for their time.
- Try to settle the payment before ordering the food.
- Consider who is drinking and how much.
- 7 out of 10 women think a man should pay.
- A man needs to have table manners, and shouldn’t talk about himself too much.
- Just because you spent money doesn’t mean you are entitled to the woman.
- It’s not the fact that you pay, but the reason why you are doing it that matters.
Know your date’s feelings about who pays before anyone even orders.
The only comprehensive men’s style course, which you can take anywhere and dramatically improve your style in less than 6 weeks.
Free foundation course to up your style quickly.
Catch up with the latest videos, or browse by category. Save a custom playlist you can access anytime– never miss an episode. Click to download