Do you have a hard time determining what type of dress shoe to choose? You’re not alone.
There’s a lot of choices to go with. I always suggest that you stay away from glued soles, as they just don’t last as long and are made from a cheaper process. They are fine for athletics, but when it comes to a good dress shoe you want some quality.
So in the end your two best option are going to be the English (or American) style, or Italian shoes.
Both of these are made drastically different, using different leather, stitches, and all around construction.
On this episode of the Real Men Real Style podcast we take these two show types toe to toe in a battle of the best.
Download this episode now to hear all the areas where one is better than the other and finally decide which is right for you.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #88: Italian Vs. American Shoes
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #88: Italian Vs. American Shoes
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #87: Why You’re Not Successful
5 Rounds to Determine a Winner:
- Upper leather: Italian is calfskin. American/English is cow hide.
- Stitching: Most Italians use Blake Stitch. American/English us Goodyear Welt.
- Comfort: American/English are thicker. Italian don’t take as long to break in.
- Value: Blake stitch is cheaper to make. Goodyear welt is more expensive.
Overall winner: Draw
- The opinion between the two is still subjective.
- Calf skin is lighter.
- Cow hide is thicker and stronger.
- Stitching mean a higher quality shoe.
- Blake stitch is done from the inside.
- Goodyear welt is uses two stitches.
- American shoes are heavier and harder to break in.
- A black stitch costs more to be resoled.
- No dress shoe made from leather is waterproof.
- Wear water resistant shoes when traveling.
The shoe that you choose is going to be dependant upon your needs.
Dress Shoe Construction Explained.
Shoe Construction Infographics.
Click HERE to claim 20% off your new outfit using code TARMRS20 until 12/31/17.
The only comprehensive men’s style course, which you can take anywhere and dramatically improve your style in less than 6 weeks.
Free foundation course to up your style quickly.
Catch up with the latest videos, or browse by category. Save a custom playlist you can access anytime– never miss an episode. Click to download