There’s a lot of things we do that seem trivial to us, but can make a big impact on other people.
We all make some of these mistakes, and I’m not exception. One example is having your hands in your pockets.
This can send a lot of different signals to people, and it’s never a good thing.
Some people think you are hiding things Others thing you don’t care enough to take the time to engage with them.
In any case, having your hands in your pockets really does limit you. You’re going to be less expressive. You’re going to be less visually engaging.
One trick I use is to touch my wedding ring from time to time when I’m speaking. That forces me to leave my hands out of my pockets. Other people might prefer to hold items, like pens. The other thing to remember is to make sure these things don’t become excessive and distracting.
I have plenty of more habits to go over in this episode, and a lot of tips on how you can break them.
Download this episode of the Real Men Real Style podcast now to learn about the bad habits you’ve developed and how to overcome them to improve your image.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #105: Bad Habits That Are Killing Your Image
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #105: Bad Habits That Are Killing Your Image
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #105: Bad Habits That Are Killing Your Image
5 Bad Habits:
- Hands in your pocket
- Bad oral hygiene
- Bad introduction skills
- Using crutch words
- Biting your nails
- Hands in your pockets can be perceived as bad manner in most place.
- Showing your hands shows you have nothing to hide.
- You can use your hands to be more expressive and show more personality when talking.
- Thumbs out of your pockets can show comfort and confidence.
- Holding something can keep your hands out of your pockets.
- Don’t let objects become a distracts.
- Go to the dentist every six months.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Take the initiative to introduce yourself.
- Listen to people and remember their name.
- Introduce other people.
- Get rid of words like um, uh, basically.
- Don’t fear the silence.
- Slowing things down is a powerful tool.
- Replace nail biting with other habits.
- Get bitter tasting nail polish.
Small habits, over time, can have a big effect on your style.
Catch up with the latest videos, or browse by category. Save a custom playlist you can access anytime– never miss an episode. Click to download