The Executive Edge Antonio Centeno shares how dressing with style is an edge to achieving success.
Highlights from this episode:
– Begin with the end in mind
– How style impacts our ability to succeed
– Importance of visuals and your ability to connect
– Man or woman behind the clothes
– The power of putting your best foot forward
– 3 tips to energize your image
– Purpose of different clothing items
– Style doesn’t have to be expensive
– Breaking stereotypes
– How paying it forward brings joy
– How to pick yourself up from disappointment
– How to keep your priorities straight
– How to set up systems to highlight your strengths
The interview started with me sharing my memorable travel experiences. I told the story of travelling to Ukraine as my wife is from there. Seeing how people live differently in other places can make an impact in your life.
We also talked about how I define success. I look at what is my end goal. Start with the end in mind.
Linda stated that knowing what your style is and leaning towards that style is an edge. I agree and pointed out how important visuals are nowadays.
Clothes don’t make the man, they reveal him. This means that I really don’t care about clothes but the man behind them. I write for the guy who cares about putting his best foot forward.
The challenge that thought me a lot was out of business school, I was hired as a CFO in a manufacturing plant but got fired a few months after. I learned from that experience that you have your life and you have your family. Those things matter.
Linda asked what inspires me. I answered that I am inspired by little things. Emails from people, my daughter, and my business. A lot of things inspire me.
Quotes from this interview:
“We will find shortcuts.”
“A good professional image allows shortcuts.”
“I really enjoy using style to make a difference.”