We are constantly involved in meetings. Whether it’s a sales meeting, an interview, or hanging out with coworkers at the bar we are constantly meeting with other people. In these situations, appearance really matters – especially if you want to make a good impression.
You wouldn’t wear swim trunks and a tank top to your sister’s wedding in Alaska, would you? Of course not.
It’s important to know the proper way to dress, and sometimes the answer may not be so obvious. You may not want to wear a suit and tie to an interview with a startup in Silicon Valley. When you’re hanging out with coworkers you probably don’t want to wear torn up jeans and a paint splattered tee shirt.
On this episode of the Real Men Real Style podcast, Antonio discusses the five ways we meet with people all the time and how to dress for the occasion.
Download this episode today so you know how to dress for in the best possible pay for your next meeting or interview.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #80: How to Dress for a Meeting
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #80: How to Dress for a Meeting
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #80: How to Dress for a Meeting
5 Types of Meetings
- Even if you aren’t a salesman, you are always trying to sell.
- The goal of a selling meeting is to persuade.
- The worst thing you can do is betray their expectations.
- In order to persuade, dress as sharp as the situation allows.
- Don’t overdress or underdress on an interview.
- There is always a dress code, even if it’s not written.
- Companies are looking for someone that fits into their mould.
- Bring clothing that gives you options.
- At a buying meeting, try to convey power.
- Find ways to make personal connections with someone.
- Support meetings aren’t about you.
- Dress to fit in.
- Casual meetings are to get to know each other outside of business.
- Casual does not mean sloppy.
- In most situations you can wear nice shorts.
- Being casual is about being approachable.
- Formal is about setting the right mood.
Every single day we are engaging people and going into meetings.
The only comprehensive men’s style course, which you can take anywhere and dramatically improve your style in less than 6 weeks.
Free foundation course to up your style quickly.
Catch up with the latest videos, or browse by category. Save a custom playlist you can access anytime– never miss an episode. Click to download