We legally become men when we turn 18 years old, but that doesn’t mean you are actually a man. What makes a man, in my opinion, is how much responsibility you have – not just for yourself but also for others. When you start taking responsibility for yourself, you should show it.
We all like to think that we don’t, or shouldn’t, judge people based on their appearance. Unfortunately, that’s just not true. People will always judge you based on how you look. How you look can instantly establish the amount of respect you’ll get from clients and potential bosses. If you dress like a boy, with cheap ripped up jeans and ratty old t-shirts they aren’t likely to appreciate you. If you dress in clean nice fabrics, and accessories that complement each other they’ll know you made the time and effort to take care of yourself and that you’ll be willing to take care of them.
On this episode of the Real Men Real Style Podcast, Antonio looks at 7 ways you can start dressing like a man, and start letting your appearance put you on track for success.
Download this episode today to hear how simple it is to appear respectable and see how much more people appreciate you.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #72: Dress Like a Man, Not a Boy
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #72: Dress Like a Man, Not a Boy
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #72: Dress Like a Man, Not a Boy
7 Ways to Dress Like a Man:
- Dress with intention
- Have the courage to lead
- Practice what you wear
- Experiment and measure
- Have a core wardrobe
- Buy the best you can afford
- Own less
- Responsibility brings forth what it really means to be a man.
- Don’t fall into current fashion trends.
- You don’t have to wear a suit to dress like a man.
- Make sure your clothes send the message you want them to send.
- Don’t worry if you dress different than others.
- Have the courage to be the best dressed man in the room.
- People trust those who are willing to take the lead.
- When we first start wearing something new we may feel uncomfortable.
- Practice and try different combinations.
- Changing your wardrobe can make a measurable difference.
- Your attire will affect your mindset.
- Your core items are the items you will wear the most.
- If you have to be budget friend, concentrate on your fit.
- Consider how much you are spending on things you don’t need vs. how much you are spending on your wardrobe.
- Cheaper suits and materials don’t last as long.
- Make sure you love everything you own.
- Owning interchangeable items will help make your wardrobe easier.
- No matter how you feel, most people WILL judge you based on how you look.
Dressing like a man will positively impact your career.
The only comprehensive men’s style course, which you can take anywhere and dramatically improve your style in less than 6 weeks.
Free foundation course to up your style quickly.
Catch up with the latest videos, or browse by category. Save a custom playlist you can access anytime– never miss an episode. Click to download