When people think of layering, they typically think of bundling up in the winter. They think about throwing clothes on top of clothed in order to fight off the cold.
The truth is layering shouldn’t be used just for functional purposes, it should be used for fashion. And believe it or not, layering can be used in the summer months as well.
Effectively layering your clothes, paying attention to what fabrics are on top of what, and taking a little extra time to think about you’re going to wear can really make you look like a million bucks.
On this episode of Real Men Real Style, Antonio explains the fashionable aspect of layering. He explains ten rules you can use to make sure you look like the sharpest guy in the room.
Download this episode today and learn how you can avoid layering mistakes and really up your fashion game.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #85: 10 Rules for Layering
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #85: 10 Rules for Layering
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #85: 10 Rules for Layering
10 Rules for Layering:
- You don’t need too many layers.
- Mix fabrics, textures, weaves.
- Go from thin to thick.
- Every layer should look good on it’s own.
- Colors should compliment each other.
- Don’t have the same patterns.
- Tuck in under layers.
- Accessories can bring another layer.
- Be careful of white clothing.
- Go out and look for inspiration.
- Layering can be used for function and fashion.
- It is possible to layer during the summer.
- Have a base layer, core layer, and top layer.
- 2 layers is good, 3 layers looks great.
- Outside wear leathers, under knits, and then cottons.
- Thin clothing should be close to the body, and get thicker the further away you get.
- If a layer doesn’t look good, you don’t want to be wearing it.
- A layer you don’t like can lower your self confidence.
- Go for a single pop of color.
- Avoid using the same pattern on different layers.
- Don’t let under layers stick out.
- Neck ties can add extra materials and patterns.
- Hats and bags gives an extra layer.
- White clothing is generally used for formal layering.
- Subscribe to a menswear magazine and tear out what you like.
- Check out pinterest boards you like.
Layering isn’t just for function, it should be used to make you look great.
This article is brought to you by Territory Ahead. They are first and foremost a casual men’s clothing brand – but not an ordinary one…everything they design or produce is done with creativity, innovation, quality, and most importantly—comfort in mind.
Click HERE to claim 20% off your new outfit using code TARMRS20 until 12/31/17.
The only comprehensive men’s style course, which you can take anywhere and dramatically improve your style in less than 6 weeks.
Free foundation course to up your style quickly.
Catch up with the latest videos, or browse by category. Save a custom playlist you can access anytime– never miss an episode. Click to download